- What is the meaning of Protogynous?
- How do you say ingenue?
- How do you pronounce Knik Alaska?
- What does aunjanue mean?
- What does grisaille mean in French?
- What is Protandrous condition?
- Does anyone pronounce the l in salmon?
- What does Iriqtaq mean?
- What does coquettish ingenue mean?
- How do you pronounce Unalakleet?
- What does grisaille mean in art?
- What’s it called when an animal can change sexes?
- What does Kenai mean?
- How do you use ingenue in a sentence?
- What is Protogynous condition?
What is the meaning of Protogynous?
: a state in hermaphroditic systems that is characterized by development of female organs or maturation of their products before the appearance of the corresponding male product thus inhibiting self-fertilization and that is encountered in apples, pears, figworts, and among several groups of invertebrate animals — ….
How do you say ingenue?
Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of ‘ingenue’:Break ‘ingenue’ down into sounds: [AN] + [ZHUH] + [NYOO] – say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them.Record yourself saying ‘ingenue’ in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.More items…
How do you pronounce Knik Alaska?
9) Knik Often, we default to shucking that ‘k’ sound on words we see starting with ‘kn’, but this is one of the Alaska names that would be an exception to that rule. In this case, it isn’t pronounced like your brother-in-law, ‘Nick’ who always comes over and drinks your beer. Keep the ‘k’ sound this time.
What does aunjanue mean?
Innocent, YoungThe name Aunjanue means Innocent, Young and is of French origin.
What does grisaille mean in French?
[ɡʀizɑj ] feminine noun. greyness (Brit) ⧫ grayness (USA) ⧫ dullness.
What is Protandrous condition?
1. The condition in which the male reproductive organs (stamens) of a flower mature before the female ones (carpels), thereby ensuring that self-fertilization does not occur. Examples of protandrous flowers are ivy and rosebay willowherb.
Does anyone pronounce the l in salmon?
The silent “L,” as in salmon The Merriam-Webster dictionary, however, has “SAM-un” as the pronunciation for salmon, as does the MacMillan dictionary.
What does Iriqtaq mean?
concealed objectMeaning, “concealed object.”
What does coquettish ingenue mean?
1 a woman who flirts. 2 any hummingbird of the genus Lophornis, esp. the crested Brazilian species L. magnifica. (C17: from French, feminine of coquet)
How do you pronounce Unalakleet?
Unalakleet, Alaska – Unalakleet ( YOO-nə-lə-kleet; Inupiaq: Uŋalaqłiq IPA: [uŋɐlɑχɬeq]) is a city in Nome Census Area, Alaska, United States, in the western part of the state.
What does grisaille mean in art?
Among glass painters, grisaille is the name of a gray, vitreous pigment used in the art of colouring glass for stained glass. In French, grisaille has also come to mean any painting technique in which translucent oil colours are laid over a monotone underpainting.
What’s it called when an animal can change sexes?
Protogynous hermaphrodites are animals that are born female and at some point in their lifespan change sex to male. Protogyny is a more common form of sequential hermaphroditism, especially when compared to protandry. As the animal ages, it shifts sex to become a male animal due to internal or external triggers.
What does Kenai mean?
flat landsThe name Kenai is a boy’s name meaning “flat lands”. The name of the protagonist of Disney’s Brother Bear also has a geographical connection: the Kenai Peninsula and Kenai Fjords National Park in Alaska.
How do you use ingenue in a sentence?
Ingénue in a Sentence 🔉Because the ingénue was incredibly naïve, she believed she would become a movie star as soon as she arrived in Hollywood. … Whose bad idea was it to let an aging actress play the role of an ingénue with no life experience? … The ingénue was easily deceived by the conning playboy.More items…
What is Protogynous condition?
Noun. protogyny (uncountable) (biology) The condition in which an organism begins life as a female and then changes into a male. (botany) The condition of flowers whose female parts mature before the male ones.